Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goals for 2009

A new year began today and as tradition requires it is time to look forward. There are several things I would like to accomplish in 2009. I would like to set new personal best times in the 10K, half-marathon, marathon, Olympic distance triathlon, 70.3 Ironman, and full Ironman and qualify for the Ironman world champs in Hawaii and 70.3 in Clearwater. Of course that is all a bit overly ambitious, so let's group them by priority.

A Goals:
  • Qualify for the Ironman world champs in Hawaii
  • 10K PB
B Goals:
  • Full Ironman PB
  • 70.3 PB
  • Half marathon PB
C Goals:
  • Qualify for 70.3 in Clearwater
  • Olympic distance triathlon PB
  • Marathon PB
"A" priority are the ones I will direct my training efforts towards. These are my main goals for the season and they will dictate my training plan. The dream of qualifying for the Hawaii Ironman is very much alive and my main goal for 2009. I only have one shot in August so I better make it count. The 10K will be a challenge, but I am hoping the speed work I have planed this year will make that possible.

There will be a lot of suffering and sacrifice to reach these goals but also plenty of reward to go with it if I succeed.

No comments: