Monday, October 5, 2009

Waikiki

Finally arrived in Waikiki / Honolulu. Majken and I are staying here for two nights before we fly out to the Big Island. Bags are all here and everything looks in order. At LAX there were already signs of Kona with wheel bags, Ironman caps and bags, compression socks etc. Already looking forward to swimming from Kailua Kona Pier in a few days. But first a bit of sightseeing on O’ahu.

My foot is feeling better. I tried a short jog Saturday. I think the foot will be ready for running on Saturday, the question is how much running. I would have been confident had it only been a half marathon, but a full marathon I am not so certain. Regardless I'm optimistic. “Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Here's to the best possible day out on the course!

Jenny Davidson said...

Have a great race, Jasper! (I am Brent's friend Jenny, we have met briefly, I have been enjoying your blog!)

Unknown said...

Your optimism was well founded. Congratulations on a great day!